WHAT WE BELIEVE
THE BAPTIST FAITH AND MESSAGE
Old Fort is a Southern Baptist Church serving the Summerville area through the Screven Baptist Association, while serving the world through the cooperative efforts of the Southern Baptist Convention. We are committed to carrying out the work of the body of Christ which is outlined in Ephesians 4:11-12: "And he gave some apostles; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ."
We are committed to being:
1) a dynamic spiritual body empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with as many people as possible in our church, community, and throughout the world;
2) a worshiping fellowship, experiencing an awareness of God, recognizing His person and responding in obedience to His leadership;
3) a church which ministers unselfishly to persons in the community and the world in Jesus' name;
4) a church whose purpose is to be Christlike in our daily living by emphasizing total commitment of life, personality and possessions to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Any person professing faith in Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior may offer himself as a candidate for membership in this church. All such candidates shall be presented to the church at any regular worship service for membership in any of the following ways:
1. By profession of faith and for baptism.
2. By promise of a letter of recommendation from another Baptist church.
3. By restoration upon a statement of prior conversion experience and scriptural baptism.
All candidates for membership shall be accepted in a watch-care program during which time they will be required to complete a New Members Orientation class and (if applicable) a New Christian Class. Upon completion of this training and approval by the Elders Body, the member shall have the watch-care status removed and enjoy all rights and privileges of covenant membership.
A Covenant Member is expected to fulfill the covenant responsibilities while enjoying the privileges of church membership.